The fieldwork programme has been designed to achieve the following objectives:
- To help students understand the socio-economic, cultural and political milieu and develop capacity for critical examination of causative and maintenance factors of social problems and their consequences.
- To provide students with an opportunity to apply theories in practical situations for problem solving with individuals, groups and communities.
- To help students identify, plan and implement social work interventions through the application of the methods of social work and to assess their impact on different client systems in various specializations.
- To help students appreciate the role of social work profession empowering individuals, groups and communities and in facilitating social change, ensuring
human rights and social justice.
- To help students develop skills and appropriate personality qualities required for professional social work practice.
- To provide opportunities to accept challenges and respond to them.
- To understand the nature of social work practice in different specialization.