The Training and Placement Cell (TP cell) organizes training and placement of the students in different national and international organizations like REACH India, PRADAN, ACTION AID INDIA, CINI, SAVE THE CHILDREN, TOMORROW’S FOUNDATION, SHAMAYITA MATH, Dr. REDDY’S FOUNDATION and others. Students have also been placed for training in corporate like Durgapur Projects Limited, Durgapur Chemicals Limited, ESSAR OIL, VIVEKANANDA HOSPITAL, SAIL, EASTERN COALFIELDS LTD, BENGAL AEROTROPOLIS, Mother Diary, Kolkata, Tata Metaliks etc. Usually students get employed before completion of their course.
TP Cell keeps in touch with various developmental organizations and corporate throughout the year .It invites eminent personalities from different fields for interaction with the students.
The Cell has conducted seminars, Buyers -Seller’s meet, training for SHG group members in association with the National Small Industries Corporation, Engineering Export Promotion Council, National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development, DIC, Durgapur etc. A list of activities is as follows:
- 60 days skill based Entrepreneurship Development Program jointly with P.C.Roy Institute of Entrepreneurship Studies and DIC, Durgapur.
- Awareness and Leadership Programme, sponsored by NABARD.
- Buyers-Sellers meet for handicrafts sponsored by NSIC.
- Awareness programme by NSIC.
- EDP sponsored by MSME-DI, Durgapur.
- Export awareness programme sponsored by Engineering Experts Promotion Council, Eastern Region, Kolkata.
- 10 days motivation camp for local youth by Nehru Yuba Kendra.
- Awareness programme on CGIS scheme sponsored by Webcon.
- Orientation programme for existing entrepreneurs by Webcon.